My wife and I signed up for a 10 month lease in Stratford, CT.When we saw the apartments we were really impressed with the setup and quality.

They showed us an apartment that was close to our model. We signed the lease and moved in. When we walked in the apartment smelled like an ash tray. It radiated cigarette smoke, Avalon has a no smoking policy.

So I complained and they had to smoke bomb the apartment which delayed my move in. They gave us a 50 dollar gift card for the inconvenience and we had to deal with a lingering smell for 2-3 more months. You can hear all your neighbors, even when they are not being loud. A conversation in the hall mine as well be right next to you because it is so loud.

Anything being said in the apartment can be heard in the halls. You will have to fight for parking, I had to park in the front visitor spots a few times because there was no parking. Rent was expensive, $1960 a month plus pet fees, 120 a month. I bought a house and needed to extend my contract by a month for the closing, I really only needed a week so I would definitely move out after a month .

I gave 4 months notice when they ask for 2. They said I would have to go month to month, which technically I wasn't asking for. The price....$3400 a month! I moved out instead at the end of my contract.

I cleaned the place, it was spotless. They took my security deposit, and sent me a bill for $280 on top of the $350 security deposit. They said my apartment failed the black light test which they never provided me when I moved in....probably from there f'n smoke bomb that they did to clean out the f'n smoke. I hate Avalon and I hope they go out of business.

I hope they receive never ending lawsuits for how horrible and deceiving they are. My wife and I are the cleanest most respectful people I know.

If they are doing this to me, fear what they will do to you.Do not rent with them.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $550. This person is overall dissatisfied with Avalon Communities. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Avalon Communities.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Real Estate category for more informed decision or compare Avalon Communities to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Avalon Communities?

Comments

Union, New Jersey, United States #1247678

This is thesame thing that m avalonnis doing to me. Did you take a legal course ?