Update added by user Mar 31, 2014
Company still unreasonable, had to get several lawyers. Ridiculous, will never do business with this company again.
Original review posted by user Sep 22, 2013
I lived at the Media Center apartments before Avalonbay Communities Inc. purchased the place and fired all of the professional staff. They hired incompetent and unhelpful staff - who would close the office for the entire day with no notice.
Finally, I got tired of the run around and started taking pictures to document issues, such as, no hot water, laundry room sewage spill allowed to sit for months, sewage spill in the garage area, broken appliances, a/c not working, heater not working, and so on.
Management wrote to me and stated that I had given proper notice to move out early. Fast forward a couple of months and I get a collection agency contacting me for accelerated rent? I complained and showed documentation for everything including the professional cleaning crew that cleaned the room. Avalonbay Communities Inc. stated that they would remove the damage charges. This confused me as their collection letter mentioned nothing of damages. After many letters back and forth, Avalonbay Communities Inc. stated that they were sorry I had so many problems but I still owe them money. For what, the service you didn't provide?
As the management decided to be completely unreasonable, I decided to notify every single state and federal government agency of every one of the documented issues I had that may be a violation of state/federal laws.
They have dinged my credit and they remain the one and only mark on my credit report.
I have found the management to be completely unreasonable at every step of the way - would never do business with the company again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Apartment Rentals
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "My wife and I recently sold our second house in 3 years through Keller Williams. The first time went pretty good, with the exception we felt at times our realtors..."
- "They knew about the leaking roof and covered it up with paint. After I moved in, I found the leaking roof to be so significant. The ridge vent was to..."
- "Check the Better Business Bureau Website!!!! Stellar Auto Sold me a car that had multiple problems. The biggest problem was that the car smoked. I also had to change the..."
- "Today, June 6, 2016; I had the worst experience in an LQ stay that I have ever had. It occurred in LQ Santa Clarita-Valencia because of their terrible breakfast bar..."
- "Anonymous to Annonymous 5 minutes ago #992796 Pretoria, Gauteng please contact email@example.com if you have been terminated from central casting in burbank ca we have to get 35 people or more so..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."