100% full Resolved

Update by user Sep 24, 2015

Problem resolved

Original review posted by user Aug 24, 2015

I live Avalon Bay Community in Plano. May 28, 2015 ar5ound 4:45am I heard a loud noise then another on. I called 911 they came out and we both went into kitchen and my cabinets were hanging.Maintenance arrived around 5:30 am. Later in the morning the office manager came. They cleaned up my apartment and hung my cabinets back. I was told by office mgr. we are owned by a large company and not a little company. I did exactly what they ask me to do. Took computer to Best Buy (coul,they suggested I not use it due to a lot of glass in still in key board). I had a lot of dishes,antique water pitcher,dishes that had been my mom's.

They offered me $500.00 of my rent. That does not even cover my computer.

The office manager told me it was not their fault. Well, I was in bed sure not my fault.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of avalon communities apartment rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2200. Avalon Communities needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned avalon communities apartment rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Avalon Communities.

Had an Experience with Avalon Communities?

Comments

This is what renter's insurance is for. Most people do not keep computers and priceless heirlooms/antiques in apartment kitchens ... Take this up with your renters insurance.

to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1176845

Anonymous, I;d like to see you try to pawn this off on Renters Insurance.LOL good luck with that.

Its the complex responsibility to ensure the the place is safe. What if a child was in that kitchen and a can fell and rendered the child unconscious or killed the child. or caused a massive leak etc. Do you really think Renters insurance would like ok yeah we'll cover it.

No they would tell you to contact the owner, file suit against the owner or they would file suit. Faulty workmanship in apartment complexes are the owners responsibility not the tenants. If you own a home and this happens in your kitchen, no homeowners insurance would cover it. You would have to contact and or file suit against the contractor.

The landlord will fault the tenant for overloading the cabinets. The insurance company would do the same, eventhough no one provided you with the maximum allowable weight. Landlords and insurance companies both fall in the same boat or category ""take as much as you can, give as little as you can" .

Eventually the boat will sink if enough people stand up for what is legally right, morally right and socially acceptable.